Friday, April 11, 2014

Just the beginning

2 years ago my husband took the reigns as the owner of great landscape gardening company. 15 months ago we had our first baby, the best thing that has ever happened to me. In November I "started" my little company, Homebird Studio. So far my business has entailed just one holiday craft fair and technically a net loss. But I want more!

What I want from Homebird Studio is to do what I love (making!) and be able to contribute financially. While I don't know the best way to go forward, I know a few steps I will need to take. First of all, my online presence. I know it's important but it seems so hard. Spending time on the internet?  Not generally an option. And if I do have 5 minutes on the computer I really like to spend it looking at other blogs with great ideas and lovely photos (Design*Sponge is like a drug). But if I want to do this well I know I need to get my etsy store going and have some semblance of a regular blog.

Also very important is my work space.  Right now I do not have one.  We rent an adorable little 2 bedroom house.  We have one room that serves as our dining room, my husband's office and my "studio."  To make my studio work better we thrifted a sideboard to refinish but between a one year old and some rainy days (and a Zumba-thon!) I haven't even finished sanding it properly.  But here it is as sold.

And with some sanding.

Maybe this weekend I'll get it finished?  Until then my work station looks like

Need I say more?  At least I've started working on my work space.  And now I've started my blog!  Baby steps...


No comments:

Post a Comment